Occupational Health and Safety Manager
Our client, a leading utilities company, has a new permanent opening for an Occupational Health and Safety Manager to join their team.
You will manage occupational safety risks across the company ensuring that the company has fit for purpose safety policies, procedures and manuals and you will assist Senior Management Teams, colleagues, and contractors across the business to make the right choices when managing Health and Safety (H&S) risks within the business.
Nature of the role:
- You will work with the Head of H&S to deliver management of all occupational safety related risks and appropriate controls.
- You will identify best practice in the field of Occupational Safety, collaborating with in-business HSS teams to ensure safety related procedures are implemented
- You will contribute to the management of all occupational safety risks and appropriate controls - in the occupational/ areas, ensuring they are addressed throughout the organisation.
- You will manage a team of Health & Safety Advisors and you will also provide '3rd line of defence' advice to all departments for all occupational safety related matters.
- The ideal candidate will have worked in Utilities or engineering previously and should be confident managing people and providing subject matter expertise at all levels in the organisation.
- You will have worked in a high risk high consequence environment and be comfortable with managing the company's risk and identifying best practice in the field of occupational health.
- You will be an expert in the applicable legislation and you will be confident liaising with regulators, trade unions and forums
- The academic knowledge requirements of this job equate to a degree or equivalent. This should be in Engineering or Occupational Health and Safety leading to Corporate Membership of IOSH, such as the NEBOSH Diploma or equivalent.
For an opportunity to join a business that puts their people at the centre of everything they do and who are listed in the Sunday Times Top 25 Best Big Companies to work for - apply today. A full job description will be provided.