Head of Business Development
Our Client, a business to business organisation providing services to clients within electricity infrastructure has a unique opportunity to head up their Business Development team.
As Head of Business Development you will lead all Sales and Business Development activities across the company.
You will play an important role in the senior management team. It is a role that provides you with the opportunity to build, develop and execute a Sales / Business Development strategy that supports the delivery of the company's overall strategy and growth goals.
You will need to lead the development of a successful pipeline of works that is aligned to businesses targets, competencies and risk appetite.
Whilst the role is London based, there will be some travel to other locations across the UK.
Some of your responsibilities will include:
- Contribute to the strategic planning in line with objectives and develop, maintain and grow the new business pipeline.
- Realise opportunities for the company.
- Work with our business development team to develop new prospects into sales opportunities
- Meet with potential and existing customers to understand their challenges and alignment of our services
- Negotiate, and close business that supports the organizations sales goals
- Support trade shows and marketing activities
- Develop existing business development team, hiring top talent into the team, elevating performance of existing team,
- High quality proposals
- Review bid phase on process and content strategy and objectives
- Manage the departmental budget.
- You will have a track record in business development in energy infrastructure, knowledge of the energy and power markets and the associated regulatory environment
- You will be an accomplished leader with experience managing through change and achieving high performance from your staff.
- Experience managing a portfolio and team which is distributed across the UK.
- You will have good knowledge and an established network in Energy infrastructure services segments
- Relevant experience working in the energy or utility sectors or similar infrastructure sectors.
- Experience winning multi-year contracts
- Experience in developing a bid.
- Leadership and line management experience.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent.
For the chance to win a multi award winning business, we would love to hear from you.