Customer Services Team Leader
Our customer an IT and business consulting services company is seeking a Customer Service Team Supervisor for their client, a major UK high street bank, providing support to customers looking for new and additional borrowing from the bank. This is a contract assignment for an initial period of 6 months.
Based in Newcastle, you will be responsible for coaching and guiding your own team to help them to achieve their and the business' goals and you will also assist the Contact Centre Operations Management team with the day to day effective running of the Contact Centre, driving team performance to achieve all Service Levels.
Main Responsibilities include:
- Day to day management of around 10 team members
- Leading, motivating and encouraging your team
- Setting objectives for your team and developing their customer service skills across a wide range of problems and queries
- Dealing with a broad range of performance management issues
- Dealing with customer enquiries
- Owning complex and escalated queries and calls where a customer needs senior involvement
- Leading by example by actively partaking in call activity and remediation
- Monitoring and managing schedules and shifts and attendance
- Building relationships between teams and departments
- Encouraging regular feedback for business improvement
- You will have worked in a customer service leadership position ideally in a contact centre.
- You will have had a track record of leading and getting the best out of your team to drive service excellence. People management training, including coaching would be a useful skill.
- Experience within financial services or a highly regulated environment would be preferred.
- You will be a strong team player with a genuine interest in helping others.
- You will lead by example and develop a culture of working together.
- You will have strong verbal and written communication skills.
- You will be able to simplify and remediate complex queries and situations.
- You will have full familiarity with performance management activity
- You will have excellent organisational and time management skills
If you would like an opportunity to make a real difference to a company who has a reputation for delivering excellence to their customers, we would like to hear from you.